The Marist Community
Commuter Programs & Resources
- Connect with Marist to learn about opportunities, resources and traditions to help you become successful.
- Connect with "veteran" students, faculty and staff, who will serve as mentors and guides.
- Connect with resident students over dinner in the Dining Hall or in one of our first year residence halls.
Based on the success of the students in the program last year, you may be joined by "veterans" who are student-athletes, Marist Singers, club leaders, and Dean's List achievers. For more information, contact FirstYearPrograms@Marist.edu.
Join your friends in the Commuter Lounge every week to discuss current events, your favorite places in the Hudson Valley, stress relievers, interesting classes, your beliefs, your favorite memories, and much more! When Pizza Tables occur all you need to do is show up whenever your schedule permits and participate by sharing and/or listening.
Stop by the Commons Lounge on almost any Wednesday during Activity Hour for fun and informative programs, games, speakers, and more! You'll find programs at other times, too. Just check your Foxmail or the Marist Commuter Student Council page on Facebook.
Past Programs Included:
- Mount Beacon/Walkway Over the Hudson hikes
- Basic Car Maintenance
- Apple Picking
- Making the Most of Your Time
- Making the Most of Your Class Schedule
- Holiday Socials: Winter, Valentine's Day, Easter, and more
- Dinners in Residence
Worried about the weather? Call the Severe Weather Hotline at (845) 575-5500 to make sure Marist is still open.