About Our Organization
The purpose of the Psychology Club is to enrich students’ knowledge of psychology and its application in the real world. This club provides members with opportunities to socialize with other students, build student-faculty connections, explore career options, and build practical skills. You do not have to be a psychology major to join the Psychology Club!
President: Madison Kelley, '24
- The President of the Psychology Club, as the head of the board, must have knowledge and accurate information of club evaluations, create meeting powerpoints, request rooms, contact the faculty for our major Disabilities Awareness Workshop event, and introduce the speakers.
Vice President: Christopher Breen, '23
- The responsibilities of the VP are to submit event flyers for approval, create sign up sheets for events, assist in helping to set up events with food, and to ensure everything is running smoothly.
Secretary: Elizabeth Mende, '25
- The secretary is responsible for emailing club members about the events, updating the member roster, completing reports for priority points, and frequently checking the club’s email to respond to any questions students may have.
- The secretary is also responsible for typing the minutes for each meeting.
Treasurer: Samantha Potito, '24
- The treasurer’s job is to collaborate with the e-board to create allocations (and re-allocations) which he/she is to submit before the set deadlines. They are also in charge of creating the food orders for events and communicating with Marist Dining Services or college activities to discuss the club’s budget.
Webmaster: Sara Guerette, '25
- The Webmaster’s responsibilities involve updating the club dash officer roster after elections, updating the clubs website and social media, posting on the previous platforms and taking attendance for meetings and events with Club Dash.
Student/Faculty Liaison: Dr. Emma Fredrick
- General Meeting 1
- January 25, 9:15 pm, Student Center 3105
- General Meeting 2
- February 22, 9:15 pm, Music 3203
- General Meeting 3
- April 5, 9:15 pm, Student Center 3105
Membership will be notified of other events through our email and Instagram account.
Earn Priority Points through Clubs and Activities
To earn one (1) point: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 50% of club/organization activities.
To earn two (2) points: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 75% of club/organization activities PLUS the community service event.
To earn three (3) points (executive board only): Officers must attend 50% of club meetings for the semester and 100% of club activities including community service. If executive board members do not complete all of the requirements to earn three points, they will be eligible to receive up to two points based on the above criteria.