$2000.00 renewable awards are available
Incoming freshman accepted to Marist College may apply for a theatre scholarship. All students must complete the application requirements to be eligible for a scholarship award. Several renewable scholarships are available each year.
There are two ways to apply:
Each receives equal consideration
- Attend an on-campus audition after receiving an acceptance letter to Marist at the Theatre Open House on March 2, 9:30-11:00. Call 845-575-3000 ext. 2490 to make an audition appointment.
- Fill out the online application and submit a letter of recommendation after receiving an acceptance letter to Marist (due by April 7.) Your electronic recommendation letter may be sent to: email@example.com
- One (1) one-minute contemporary dramatic or comedic monologue
- One (1) one-minute Shakespearean monologue or One (1) one-minute Broadway song a capella
- One (1) recommendation letter form a high school drama director or teacher
- Completed Theatre Scholarship Application Form
Students should allot 10 minutes for the audition (2 minutes total for the monologues/song) and brief interview. Application materials are due at the audition appointment. Auditions are held in the Nelly Goletti Theatre, 3rd floor Student Center. An in-person audition/interview is recommended for all applicants.
See the Requirements for Annual Theatre Scholarship for more information.