$2,000 renewable awards are available
After receiving acceptance to Marist College, incoming freshmen may apply for a theatre scholarship. Students must complete the application requirements to be eligible and several renewable scholarships are available.
Two ways to apply after receiving acceptance to Marist:
- Audition in-person at the Theatre Open House on February 22. Reservation appointment required by calling administrative coordinator Theresa Beretta at 845-575-3000 ext. 2295.
- Email an electronic audition file to Prof. Matthew Andrews, Director of Theatre Program, anytime up to the April 20 deadline for full consideration. Submissions after April 20 may be accepted, contact Prof. Andrews for availability.
- Fill out the brief, online application.
- Perform a one-minute contemporary dramatic or comedic monologue
- Perform a one-minute (or 32 bars) Broadway song (acting is important, quality of voice is not).
In-person auditions are held each year in late February as part of our Theatre Open House and matinee performance of our annual musical. Both in-person and electronic submissions receive equal consideration.
Students on Theatre Scholarship are required to declare either a Theatre minor or an English major with a Theatre concentration. See the Requirements for Annual Theatre Scholarship for more information.