School of Management
School of Management Programs Accredited by AACSB and NAASPA
The School of Management was first awarded accreditation by AACSB International, The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, in 2002. This prestigious mark of excellence was granted to the School's undergraduate and graduate degree programs in business.
AACSB International is the premier accrediting agency for bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs in business administration and accounting. It is devoted to the promotion and improvement of higher education in business administration and management. Organized in 1916, its founding members include Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, New York University, Northwestern University, Ohio State University, Tulane University, the University of California at Berkeley, the University of Chicago, the University of Illinois, the University of Nebraska, the University of Pennsylvania, the University of Pittsburgh, the University of Texas, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and Yale University.
AACSB Accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Less than 5 percent of the more than 16,000 schools worldwide granting business degrees have earned AACSB Accreditation. AACSB-accredited schools produce graduates who are highly skilled and more desirable to employers than other non-accredited schools. As of the fall of 2018, only 820 colleges, universities, and institutions of higher education worldwide were accredited by AACSB International. Students who decide to make a major investment of time and money to earn either an undergraduate or graduate business degree should always determine whether AACSB International has accredited the program they plan to attend. This stamp of excellence is your best assurance of quality, and without it, you put your valuable time and effort at risk. If you wish to obtain a top-notch business degree, look for this symbol of excellence before you apply.
The School of Management engaged in a rigorous six-year process of self-study, continuous improvement, and peer review to earn the distinction of being accredited by AACSB International.
What Does this Mean to our Students and Alumni?
- We pledge to prepare our students for the 21st century workplace through curricula that blend theory and practice delivered by faculty members who possess strong academic credentials and professional experience.
- Our Bachelor's Degree programs in Business Administration and Accounting and our Master's of Business Administration (MBA) program, including our online MBA option, reflect changes in knowledge and practices while satisfying criteria established and accepted by the international management education community.
- We pledge to provide business programs that have an appropriate mission achieved through demonstrated high-quality standards that relate to the curriculum, faculty resources, admissions, degree requirements, library and computer facilities, financial resources, and intellectual climate.
- Many employers recognize the value of a business degree from an AACSB International accredited program.
- Our business graduates will now have an added advantage and the opportunity to be considered more favorably for admission to many top MBA programs in the country, including our own!
- Our alumni can be proud to have earned their degree from a business program that is a recognized quality leader in management education.
AACSB Accreditation Extended in 2017
Marist’s School of Management recently had its accreditation extended by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the oldest and most prestigious global accrediting body for business schools that offer undergraduate, master's, and doctoral degrees in business and accounting.
Achieving accreditation is a process of rigorous internal review, engagement with an AACSB-assigned mentor, and peer review. During this multi-year continuous improvement review process, schools focus on developing and implementing a plan to align with AACSB's accreditation standards. These standards require excellence in areas relating to strategic management and innovation; student, faculty, and staff as active participants; learning and teaching; and academic and professional engagement.
MPA Program Receives NASPAA Accreditation
Marist's Master of Public Administration (MPA) program has been accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA), the recognized global accreditor of master's degree programs in public service education.
NASPPA's mission is to ensure excellence in education and training for public service and to promote the ideal of public service. By receiving NASPAA accreditation, Marist's MPA program joins a community of more than 190 other accredited programs at top institutions across the Unites States and around the world, including Columbia, Harvard, and the University of Pennsylvania.