Fall 2021 COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and FAQs
In light of improving public health conditions and the lifting of restrictions, Marist plans to be fully operational this coming fall. We’re excited for the return of everything that makes Marist a unique and vibrant place to live, learn, and work. From in-person dining to classroom instruction, to Division I athletics, club sports and intramurals, to student activities and events, we need your help to bring the Marist community back stronger than ever. All students, faculty, and staff must complete an acceptable vaccine series (e.g. a single shot of Johnson & Johnson or second shot of Moderna or Pfizer, or other vaccines on the World Health Organization- Emergency Use List) and upload your official documentation no later than August 1, 2021. Please use this website, including the two buttons below, to follow along as we keep the Marist community informed of our continued progress and policy updates. The information provided on this page is relevant to the Spring 2021 semester, and the details will be updated as the Fall 2021 semester approaches.
Summer 2021 Guidance
During the period of June 23 through August 15, 2021, the following will NOT be required:
- Masks/face coverings for vaccinated individuals. Following New York State guidelines, “unvaccinated individuals continue to be responsible for wearing masks,” in accordance with federal CDC guidance. Masks/face coverings are thus still required for unvaccinated individuals when indoors in any College public space.
- Social distancing. Unvaccinated individuals should continue to maintain six feet of distance while indoors.
- Daily health attestations. Individuals who experience any COVID-19 symptoms should contact a health care provider prior to coming to campus. The COVIDClear requirement on MyMarist will be suspended during this Summer period.
- De-densified offices and campus spaces. Each operational area should be in the process of transitioning remote employees back to on-campus work during the months of June and July. Accommodations currently in place will not be automatically extended. Individuals in need of an ADA-related accommodation in the Fall must contact the Office of Human Resources and submit a new request. All requests will be reviewed and approved in accordance with College policy and federal and state laws.
- Visitor Screening is not required.
Spring 2021 Resources
Health & Safety
Frequently Asked Questions
Six steps for keeping our community a safe place to live and learn.
- Marist 2021-22 COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, July 1, 2021 >
- Interim COVID-19 Guidelines, June 23, 2021 >
- Marist Policy on the COVID-19 Vaccine, May 21, 2021 >
- Campus Policy Updates, Effective April 30, 2021 >
- Marist COVID-19 Dashboard Returns to Green Status, April 27, 2021 >
- Resuming Additional On-Campus Activities, April 23, 2021 >
- Message Regarding Resuming On-Campus Activities, April 16, 2021 >
- A Message from Marist President Dr. Dennis J. Murray, April 10, 2021 >
- On-Campus Classes Resuming Monday, April 12, 2021 >
- Campus Pause Update And Important Return To Campus COVID-19 Testing Information, April 2, 2021 >
- Campus Pause Extended Through April 4 >
- Campus Pause Extended Through Wednesday, March 31 >
- Campus Pause Extended through Friday, March 26 >
- Marist Enacts Voluntary Precautionary Campus Pause, March 17, 2021 >
- Notice of Precautionary Quarantine in Marian and Champagnat Halls, March 17, 2021 >
- IMPORTANT UPDATE: New Restrictions Implemented at Marist, March 15, 2021 >
- St. Patrick’s Day On-Campus Events and Reminders, March 12, 2021 >
- Mandatory Surveillance Testing for Students, March 5, 2021 >
- Mandatory Surveillance Testing for Faculty and Staff, March 5, 2021 >
- Welcome Back to Marist for Spring 2021, March 1, 2021 >
- Spring 2021 Arrival Instructions, February 24, 2021 >
- Spring 2021 Testing Requirements for Students From New York and Contiguous States, February 19, 2021 >
- Spring 2021 Testing Requirements for Commuter Students, February 18, 2021 >
- Spring 2021 Testing Requirements for Student Quarantining Off Campus, February 18, 2021>
- Spring 2021 Policies and Information Updates, February 17, 2021 >
- Testing Requirements for New York and Contiguous States for the Spring 2021 Semester, February 13, 2021 >
- Quarantine Details for Students Quarantining On-Campus at Spring Housing Assignment, February 6, 2021 >
- Quarantine Details for Students Quarantining in Conklin Hall, February 6, 2021 >
- Quarantine Details for Students Quarantining Off-Campus, February 6, 2021 >
- Message to Online Graduate Students Regarding Spring 2021, February 3, 2o21 >
- Spring 2021 Requirements: Off-Campus and Commuter Students, January 29, 2021 >
- Spring 2021 Requirements: Students From New York and Contiguous States, January 29, 2021 >
- Spring 2021 Requirements: Students from Non-Contiguous States Quarantining On Campus, January 29, 2021 >
- Spring 2021 Requirements: Students from Non-Contiguous States Quarantining Off Campus, January 29, 2021 >
- Spring 2021 Requirements: International Students, January 29, 2021 >
- Spring 2021 Requirements: Fully Virtual Students, January 29, 2021 >
- Spring 2021 Student Requirements Communication to Parents, January 29, 2021 >
- Important Spring 2021 Housing Move-In Information for Students in Non-Contiguous States, January 15, 2021 >
- Important Spring 2021 Housing Move-In Information for Students in Contiguous States, January 15, 2021 >
- Memorandum to the Marist Community Regarding the Spring 2021 Semester, January 6, 2021 >
- Thanksgiving Departure and Winter Intersession Information, November 20, 2020 >
Reporting COVID-19 Code of Conduct Violations
We want to remind all members of the campus community that the College has a zero-tolerance policy for those who do not comply with our guidelines. If you see any Marist community member violating our COVID-19-related Code of Conduct, please call (845) 575-MASK.