The Marist Community
Marist Ally Network
The “Ally Network” symbol is a message to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning people and their allies. The message is that the person displaying this symbol promises to be understanding, supportive and trustworthy if a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender person needs help, advice or someone with whom s/he can talk. The person displaying this symbol can also provide access to valuable information and resources.
The goal of this program is to provide a welcoming environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender persons by establishing an identifiable network of persons who can provide support, information and a safe place for LGBTQ persons within our campus community. Those who have committed to being allies indicate that bigotry and discrimination are not tolerated.
What is an Ally
- An ally is someone who has participated in a training program and vowed to provide support, information and relevant referrals to individuals struggling with LGBTQ issues
- Someone who will respect a person’s need for privacy and confidentiality
- Someone who will develop a genuine and realistic professional relationship with LGBTQ students, faculty, and staff, or friends and family of LGBTQ individuals
- Someone who wants to gain a fuller picture of the lives and concerns of LGBTQ students, faculty, and staff
- Someone who wants to make a personal contribution to improving our campus environment
Find an Ally
Allies are available to any member of the immediate Marist College community including students, faculty, or staff. Use the email below if you would like to be contacted by a Marist ally or use your Marist account to log in and review a list of trained students and staff. Please note that you will remain anonymous. This information is password-protected for the privacy and safety of all Marist students, faculty, and staff.
To send a general request for an ally, contact email@example.com.
Interested in becoming an Ally?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on future training opportunities.