COVID-19 Campus Update: Campus Pause Extended Until Wednesday Morning
Dear Marist Community,
We are writing to announce that the campus pause will be extended until Wednesday morning, November 11, in order to continue testing the student populations identified by our medical team. Please continue the protocols listed below:
- All classes will be held remotely through Tuesday evening
- All on- and off-campus activities, including gatherings of any kind, are suspended
- For public health reasons, students are encouraged to limit their interactions to their “pod” (e.g. roommates or immediate housemates)
- Outdoor individual or small group “pod” activities, with appropriate public health measures in place, are permitted (e.g. taking a walk around campus, eating outside, socializing with roommates, etc.)
- Students must stay within their own room/apartment in their residence facility. Students are prohibited from visiting any other room, traditional residence hall, apartment, or townhouse.
- In-person dining is paused and meal plans are grab-and-go only.
- All athletic team training sessions are canceled.
- James J. McCann Recreation Center will remain closed to recreational activity
- Students must remain on campus and avoid traveling unless such travel is directed by Marist health professionals or staff
- Only officially approved visitors are allowed on campus
During the modified pause, surveillance testing will continue. If you are called, it is critical that you report for testing. Our testing protocol is what has and will continue to keep our campus safe.
We want to remind you that the College has a zero-tolerance policy for those who do not comply with our guidelines. This is to prioritize the safety of the vast majority of students who have abided by the rules this semester.
Information on COVID-19 cases related to Marist College is always available on our dashboard, which is updated daily, generally by 5 pm. If you see any Marist community member violating our COVID-19 related Code of Conduct, please call (845) 575-MASK.
Thank you for all you are doing to help “protect the pack.”
Geoff Brackett, Executive Vice President
Thom Wermuth, Vice President for Academic Affairs
Deb DiCaprio, Vice President for Student Affairs