New Student Checklist, August 7, 2020
August 7, 2020 — The Fall 2020 semester is just around the corner and we couldn’t be more excited to welcome you to campus! As member of the Red Fox Family, it is everyone’s responsibility to do their part and help prepare for a safe and successful start. Below is a list of tasks new students must complete prior to arrival.
- COVID-19 Testing: If you haven’t scheduled a mandatory COVID-19 test, please schedule one immediately.
- Submit COVID Testing Information: Details regarding the testing information portal (in conjunction with our MidHudson Regional Hospital Partnership) will be sent to your email in the coming days.
- Complete Necessary Health Forms: You must submit proof of MMR, Meningitis Vaccine, and all other health forms required for enrollment. Submission instructions and more information can be found in the Health Services tab of your myMarist portal.
- Self Quarantine: It is strongly recommended that every student undergo a 14-day self quarantine prior to arriving on the Marist campus. This includes no working, socializing, or traveling.
- Connect with Student Financial Services: If you have an outstanding balance and/or need assistance with additional financing options, please contact the Student Financial Services office by calling (800) 436-5483 or by emailing email@example.com.
- Shipping Your Items: If you would like your belongings delivered to your room, we ask that you ship them to Marist to arrive no later than Monday, August 17. Please write your name, housing assignment, and MSC number on your package(s).
- Move-In Time: Keep an eye on your email during the week of August 10 for your assigned move-in date and time.
- Textbooks: Your academic schedule will be available on your myMarist portal the week of August 10. Once you have your schedule, you can purchase your textbooks via https://marist.bncollege.com/shop/marist/home and pick them up at the Marist College Bookstore when you arrive on campus.
- Marist ID: To ensure your Marist ID is ready when you arrive on campus, please email your full name, Marist College ID number (CWID), and passport style photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register Your Car: Marist will have parking available, at no additional cost, for all students who want to bring a car for the 2020-21 academic year. Please register for a parking permit through the Marist Parking Pass Portal on your myMarist.
- Configure Your Wireless Devices: You will need to configure all of your wireless devices that you wish to connect to Marist FoxNet and Eduroam by visiting the Connect to the Network page on marist.edu.
- Configure Antivirus Software: Prior to coming to campus, you will need to configure the antivirus software on your computer by following the instructions on the IT portion of marist.edu under the Antivirus Software tab.
- Finish the Common Read: All incoming freshmen and transfer students taking a first year seminar, are required to read Vote for US: How to Take Back Our Elections and Change the Future of Voting by Joshua A. Douglas.