Women's History Month Message
Dear Marist Community,
Greetings from the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI). I am writing today about Women's History Month (WHM) in March. I know some of you plan to host events to commemorate women's struggles, achievements, and successes during this time. In addition to WHM, March also marks the beginning of Ramadan (March 22), Deaf History Month (begins March 13), Neurodiversity Celebration Week (March 13-19), International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (March 21), International Day of the Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery (March,25), International Transgender Day of Visibility (March 31), St Patrick's Day (March 17), Holi-International Women's Day (March 8), and Purim and Makha Bucha Day (March 6).
I am writing to ask you to share your plans with the ODEI. This information will help our office achieve several goals:
- To communicate the variety and richness of WHM programming widely at the college.
- Where necessary, coordinate and align activities to maximize impact.
- To contribute to the Program Inventory that the ODEI is creating.
- To publicize opportunities for learning about and engaging with the meaning of WHM.
- Track activities contributing to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and determine reach and impact.
- To learn how we can increase the reach of DEI activities on campus.
After receiving your information, the ODEI will create and send out a campus-wide communication listing all the activities, thereby keeping everyone informed.
Thank you for your collaboration and your support of WHM at Marist.
Edward P. Antonio, PhD
Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
3399 North Road