Upcoming Events From Student Affairs, August 21, 2020
August 21, 2020 — We are looking forward to having you on campus for the Fall 2020 semester, and in fact, some of you are here already! This year, the College organized a phased arrival schedule for new students to check into their campus residence halls, providing an early start and a safe welcome process. Since you are arriving to campus before the official start of classes on Monday, August 24, I wanted to inform you of some essential services during your first few days on campus.
- Each of you should join us via WebEx on Sunday, August 23, at 4:00pm EST for our traditional New Student Welcome. Consider watching with your roommate as a way of getting to know one another.
- All entering students should download our free Guidebook app, from the Office of First Year Programs, which provides details not only about your early days at Marist, but also about the many events, activities, and details you need to know to help you have the best first year experience. The Guidebook is called "Marist College: My First Year (2020-2021).” There are events, activities, and updates happening every day, so get your Guidebook now.
To assist you with the opening days, we want you to familiarize yourself with the following campus services:
- Dining Services offer multiple dining opportunities with diverse menus that feature traditional favorites, ethnic dishes, and international cuisines. This year, students enrolled in a dining plan can only enter the dining hall by using the Grubhub app.
- Health Services provide a comprehensive range of services that promote health and wellness. The office works closely with the entire Marist College community, Dutchess County, and New York State Departments of Health.
- Counseling Services offer a variety of free services to support students' well-being and mental health. Most sessions will utilize a Telehealth format this fall.
- The Office of Accommodations and Accessibility provides a comprehensive range of academic support services and accommodations that promote the full integration of students with disabilities into the mainstream college environment.
- Athletics and Intramurals provide a variety of activities to complement academic and social experiences with the development of organizational skills, leadership qualities, and an appreciation for sportsmanship and team effort through athletics opportunities and community service.
- The Office of Student Activities is the dynamic center of co-curricular life on campus offering a wide variety of diverse and balanced intellectual, cultural, and social programs for student learning and development.
These campus services, among others, will be hosting live WebEx events where you will meet staff from each of the offices and learn more about their services. Please note, these events will be listed in the Guidebook.
I hope you will take advantage of our many programs, services, and activities we have planned during the Fall semester. On behalf of the Division of Student Affairs, welcome to Marist!
Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students