Admission & Financial Aid
Transfer Credit Evaluations:
- Official transcript evaluations are performed for accepted, deposited, and matriculated students who submit college transcripts for review.
- Marist will evaluate credits for prospective students planning to take courses at another college before enrolling at Marist. If you are interested in a tentative credit evaluation, please send your transcripts and your intended major to email@example.com and we will review this information.
- Accepted students will receive an official transcript evaluation for the program to which they apply. The evaluation will be mailed to each candidate after all records are received.
- The evaluation will specify how many credits are transferable towards the baccalaureate degree at Marist, how many credits may be accepted but not applied towards the baccalaureate degree, and the remaining courses necessary to fulfill Marist degree requirements.
- Any questions pertaining to the evaluation should be directed to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
Transfer credit is evaluated as stipulated below:
- The course(s) must be similar in scope and content to courses offered at Marist.
- Only courses in which a C or better has been obtained may be transferred to meet major, related field, and Core requirements. Credit for C- grades may be awarded on the elective credit category only.
- Transfer courses applicable to a student's academic program will be accepted from accredited colleges and universities that meet Marist College's transferability standards. (Check with the Office of the Registrar for a complete list of acceptable accrediting agencies.)
- The awarding of a baccalaureate degree is dependent on meeting the specific requirements for that degree. Consequently, it may be possible, under exceptional circumstances, for a student to have completed 120 or more credits and not be eligible to be awarded a degree.
- Grades for courses taken at other institutions are not included in the computation of the student's grade-point average at Marist.
Transfers from two-year colleges must complete at least 50 credits hours at Marist. Transfers from four-year colleges must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours at Marist. Up to 70 credits may be accepted from a community college or accredited two-year institution, although fulfilling requirements toward a student's degree is dependent on meeting all specific program requirements for that degree. All transfer students must complete a minimum of 12 hours of upper-level credits in the major field. A maximum of eight transfer credits can be accepted towards a minor, concentration, or certificate.
Dutchess Community College Transfer Credit Agreement
Marist has partnered with Dutchess Community College to help ease the transition for students with associate degrees to a bachelor-degree program. We have a Transfer Credit Agreement for the Associate’s in Business from DCC, which will directly transfer to Marist’s Business Administration degree. Please note this information is evaluated by the Admission Office and final approval for use of these credits in your degree program is determined by the Registrar’s Office.
Click here to view the Transfer Credit Agreement.