Marist College Council of Theatre Arts (MCCTA)
Production & Performance
About Our Organization
Marist Theatre is the college's student-run theatre organization and it is one of the oldest, largest, and most active clubs on campus. Marist Theatre produces several productions a year, including a musical, a comedy or drama, an original play or monologue festival, and a children's theatre production. Some offerings are produced fully by students, while others are in cooperation with the Theatre Program and its faculty and staff.
The Marist Theatre Program is comprised of the many theatre activities on campus, all of which work together to provide a comprehensive learning and social experience for students of all majors and interests. The Marist Theatre Program includes the English Department's theatre scholarships, internships, Summer Pre-College Theatre Institute, Alpha Psi Omega, and the Anderson Playwriting Contest. A variety of theatre courses are offered each year, including acting, directing, and dramatic literature.
President: Harper Anne Finch, '22
- Oversees the entire organization and presides over the Marist Theatre Board meetings and general meetings.
Vice President: Sam Stein, '23
- The first in command in the absence of the President. This includes taking over all responsibilities and duties of the President.
- Oversee necessary disciplinary actions for all members as per discretion of the Board as a whole.
Treasurer: Jonathan Arkay, '23
- The official manager of all the Marist Theatre funds, keeping neat and accurate records of all financial transactions.
Secretary: Julia Zulin, '24
- In charge of roll call at Board and General Member meetings.
- Distributes priority points and maintains guild points.
- Serves as club archivist.
- Communicates between the Board and General Members
- Takes minutes at Board meetings.
Musical & Experimental Theatre: Hamish Swanson, '24
- The supervising production manager of Mainstage Musical Theatre productions.
Mainstage & Experimental Theatre: Ashley Caturano, '23
- The supervising production manager of the Non-Musical Mainstage production and agreed upon Experimental productions.
Technical Theatre: Rachel Chalfin, '22
- Oversees the technical aspects of the theatre, including sets, run crew, lights, and sound.
Club Marketing and Publicity: Grace Rowan, '23
- Oversees all of the social media and publicity elements for the club and productions.
Stage Management & Properties: Willow Waltemire, '22
- Oversees the technical aspects of the theatre including props, stage managers, assistant stage managers, and headsets.
Box Office & House: Chris Amodio, '23
- Oversees management of the Box Office and House crew during productions.
Costumes, Hair & Makeup: Ashley Marcinek, '22
- Oversees all elements of costumes, hair and makeup as well as the crews for each production.
General Member meetings are held on one Sunday every month at 8:23pm in the Nelly Goletti Theatre.
Earn Priority Points through Clubs and Activities
To earn one (1) point: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 50% of club/organization activities.
To earn two (2) points: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 75% of club/organization activities PLUS the community service event.
To earn three (3) points (executive board only): Officers must attend 50% of club meetings for the semester and 100% of club activities including community service. If executive board members do not complete all of the requirements to earn three points, they will be eligible to receive up to two points based on the above criteria.