Economics, Accounting, and Finance Department
Student Learning Outcomes
Undergraduate Economics Goals
- Understand the market economy and its behavior, growth, and stability in a broad conceptual framework for the identification of economic issues and the analysis of economic conditions as related to business and society to guide policy.
- Develop analytical skills and comprehend quantitative techniques in order to apply them to the analysis of economic activities and their fluctuations to infer and foresee economic relationship and trends.
- Develop a critical understanding of diverse perspectives in the rapidly changing global economy.
- Develop a critical understanding of the ethical issues that arise in the formation of economic policy.
- Develop communication skills through both written and oral presentation.
Undergraduate Economics Objectives
- Critical Thinking: Students will apply critical thinking to decision making.
- Ethics: Students will apply ethics to decision making.
- Communication: Students will communicate effectively.
- Field Knowledge: Students will demonstrate economics knowledge.