Group of peoples sitting

The Marist Community

Menu Display

Reporting An Incident

The Office of Student Conduct separates the College’s reporting structure into the categories listed below.  If you have questions or concerns about which report to use, please contact the Office of Student Conduct.

The ability to investigate reported incidents, enforce the College's Code of Student Conduct, and protect the College community depends on the accuracy and specificity of the information provided. You are encouraged to provide as much detail as possible to best aid in the investigation. While it is beneficial to our investigation to identify yourself, you do have the option of completing this form anonymously, but this may limit the College's ability to investigate and resolve the incident.

Report a Non-Academic Violation

Non-academic violations include any behavior that is not related to an allegation of cheating or plagiarism (e.g. alcohol, drugs, harassment, vandalism, disorderly conduct, FYI, etc.). If you have questions about whether a behavior is considered a violation, please contact the Office of Student Conduct.

To report alleged non-academic misconduct, please use the Online Reporting Form.

Report Concerning, Worrisome, or Threatening Behaviors

Students experience a wide-range of challenges while attending college and concerning behavior may manifest in several ways (e.g. decline in academic performance, deterioration of physical and/or emotional state, threatening and/or disruptive behavior, substance abuse, adjustment issues). Faculty, staff, students, and guests are encouraged to use the online referral form to report behavior that they perceive as concerning, worrisome, or threatening. It is critical to report your observations early in order to identify students in need of support and connect them to the appropriate resources. The information provided in this form may be shared with the College’s Radar Team, a multi-disciplinary team of faculty and staff committed to supporting students’ academic and personal success.To report concerning, worrisome, or threatening behaviors, please use the Student of Concern Online Reporting Form.

Report an Academic Integrity Violation

Academic violations include cheating, plagiarism or falsifying official records related to the College. General classroom misbehavior is considered a non-academic violation. If you have questions about whether a behavior is considered academic misconduct, please contact the Office of Student Conduct.  Additional information is included in the Academic Integrity section of the Student Code of Conduct

Please use the Academic Integrity Violation Form to notify the Office of Student Conduct of a violation.  In addition, faculty also will need to fill out the Faculty Adjudication Form   and submit this to the Office of Student Conduct.