Notice of Precautionary Quarantine in Marian and Champagnat Halls, March 17, 2021
March 17, 2021
We are reaching out to inform you that the College has identified positive COVID-19 test results from residents of Marian and Champagnat Halls. Our contact tracing team has identified close contacts of these individuals for testing and quarantine. Out of an abundance of caution, we will be instituting a precautionary and temporary quarantine for Marian Hall and Champagnat Hall, effective immediately. Additionally, we would ask that all residents of Marian Hall and Champagnat Hall be available for mandatory COVID testing over the next 24-48 hours. If you are selected, you will receive a separate e-mail and will be required to attend.
As a resident of Marian Hall or Champagnat Hall, this means that you must:
- Return to your room immediately.
- Remain in your room except for essential activities related to dining, health, and safety.
- Utilize Dining Services via grab-and-go or Grub Hub pickup and delivery. You are permitted to pick up your food at the designated time with an approved face covering and while following all social distancing protocols and then immediately return to your room.
- Attend classes virtually until further notice, i.e., not in person.
- Inform your professors that you will not be attending class in person until further notice.
Remember: if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, contact health services at 845-575-3270. If you need to speak with a counselor, services are available and can be arranged by calling (845) 575-3314 or by emailing email@example.com. If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, after hours you can contact the Office of Security at (845) 471-1822 to access the on-call counselor.
While we cannot provide an exact timeframe for the precautionary quarantine, we are working to expedite test results and anticipate this restriction lasting a minimum of 48 hours. We appreciate your patience as we wait for the test results, and we will update the Marist community as soon as more information is available.
While the public health measures we have put in place in the residence halls and classrooms create a very low probability of COVID-19 spread, we are taking extra precautions to ensure that our campus community remains safe. As promised, we will continue to be transparent in this process. We know it is likely that we will continue to have positive cases, and the College updates these metrics through the online dashboard.
If you have questions after hours, please contact Security at (845) 471-1822 to be connected to the RD on Duty.
Thank you for your assistance and cooperation.
Director of Housing and Residential Life