Graduate: International Student I-20 Requirements
The I-20 enables international graduate student to apply for an F-1 Student Visa.
I-20 Information and Requirements for International Graduate Students
An I-20 form that enables the student to apply for an F-1 Student Visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate will be emailed once a student has been admitted to Marist and all required official documents have been received.
Emailed copies are considered official documents by the United States Embassy or Consulate.
Please submit the following documents:
- Complete the Marist affidavit for your major.
- MSIS Affidavit / Declaration of Finances and Sponsorship OR MSCS Affidavit / Declaration of Finances and Sponsorship
- Stamp Paper affidavits are optional. If a stamp paper affidavit is provided, you must ALSO provide the Marist affidavit.
- Documents must be less than six months before your I-20 is created.
- Scan of a Bank Statement signed and sealed by the bank, showing funds available to cover one academic year’s expenses. Find the dollar amount required on the Affidavit/Declaration of Finances PDF for your major. Documents must be less than six months before your I-20 is created.
- Copy of your Passport ID page
- Official English Proficiency Exam Score Reporting
IELTS (Marist will verify scores, no official score reporting is required.)
TOEFL (Official scores to Marist, report code RA2400)
PTE (Marist will verify scores, no official score reporting is required.)
- Optional GRE score report – If you presented optional GRE scores please send official score reporting to school code 2400
- Transfer Recommendation Form (only for students currently holding an F-1 Visa)