About Our Organization
The Marist Men's Club Volleyball team has been active and competing since the 1990s. In the more recent past, the team has won the NECVL Regional Championship in back-to-back seasons and has been ranked as high as #5 in the nation. Besides being fierce competitors, we are first and foremost a family on campus. Our success as a team has been largely due to the unified chemistry that we have on and off the court. Our normal club events consist of three to four two-hour practices, weekly on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. In a typical semester, the team competes in between three and five full-day tournaments at neighboring colleges and universities.
Co-Presidents: Cameron Poutre, '23 and Justin Smith, '23
- Handles organization of club activities. Encourages members to stay active.
- Ensures that communication within the club is sufficient and all club positions are acting responsibly.
- Prepares the club for change of leadership and takes steps to keep club operations functioning as a legacy.
- Communicate with external leagues and Marist Club director.
- Assist presidents with ideas and concerns regarding club activities.
- Help strengthen communication among club members.
- Handle the monetary funds of the club.
- Collect dues, communicate with the club director for payments, organization of spending.
Practices are usually held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:00 - 9:00 pm, in the McCann Center's recreation gym. Practice on the court is two hours, which consists of one hour of skill development and one hour of scrimmaging. After practice, there is team lifting for an additional hour. Weekend tournaments occur between three and five times per semester on a Saturday or Sunday and involve travel to various colleges and universities throughout the Northeast.
Earn Priority Points through Clubs and Activities
To earn one (1) point: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 50% of club/organization activities.
To earn two (2) points: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 75% of club/organization activities PLUS the community service event.
To earn three (3) points (executive board only): Officers must attend 50% of club meetings for the semester and 100% of club activities including community service. If executive board members do not complete all of the requirements to earn three points, they will be eligible to receive up to two points based on the above criteria.