Medical Laboratory Services Department
Facilities and Equipment
The College provides two large modern medical technology laboratories, a fully-equipped microbiology laboratory, a prep room, and a storage and autoclave room. Medical Technology faculty offices are adjacent to the laboratories.
The laboratories are equipped with current clinical and research instrumentation, including:
- Ultraviolet-visible spectrophotometers
- 10-headed Olympus BH2 teaching microscope
- MLA Electra 700 and Coulter ACL 1000 Automated Coagulation Timers
- Kodak DT60-II Ektachem Analyzers
- Flame photometer
- Ion selective electrode instrument
- Olympus fluorescence microscope
- Olympus binocular light microscopes
- Coulter Act 10 and Coulter T-660 hematology cell counters
- Digital chloridometer
- Pipet Calibration System
- Videolab cameras with adapters for microscope attachment
Students have access to advanced computer technology. A $10 million IBM mainframe gives Marist a level of computing power ordinarily associated with large research universities and Fortune 500 companies. Campus-wide connections provide round-the-clock access to e-mail, phone mail, the mainframe computer, the Internet, the library, and a variety of database services.
Students and faculty can acquire information on medical research through Medline, Pub Med, Grateful Med and the National Library of Medicine through College Internet connections throughout campus and in every student dorm room.