Winter Session Study Abroad
Program Application Notes:
- Application deadlines for winter intersession programs are outlined on our application page.
- Marist Abroad reserves the right to modify or cancel the program, including changes to the itinerary, scheduled visits, program dates, costs, etc.
- Winter tuition rates are established by Marist College, and are outlined here.
- Freshman are eligible to participate in programs with the approval of the Program Director. Mid-semester grades will be reviewed in lieu of official GPA.
- Registration deadline for winter programs can be found on the application webpage, here.
- You must speak with the Program Director of the short-term program you are interested in for approval to enroll.
Non-Marist Winter Study Abroad Programs
Interested in studying abroad during winter break through another institution? Courses taken over winter break at other institutions can be approved for Marist credit. The procedure to transfer credit is outlined here:
- Transfer credits will not be granted unless the Marist form request to take a course at another college is completed and returned to the Office of the Registrar prior to taking the course. The Department Chair and the Dean must sign the form before returning the form to the Office of the Registrar.
- Allow two weeks processing time.
- Transfer credits will not be accepted from any accredited institution when the equivalent course is being offered online or on campus by Marist College during the same semester.
- Transfer credits will not be accepted from any accredited institution when the indicated course will be used to meet a requirement (e.g. Core requirement) that can be met by a course that is being offered online or on campus by Marist College during the same semester.
- Transfer credits will not be accepted from two year accredited institutions after a student’s total credits equal 70.
- Transfer credits will not be accepted from any other accredited institution after a student’s total credits equal 90.
- Grades for courses taken elsewhere will not be included in the computation of a student’s Marist grade point average.
- Only courses in which a C or better has been obtained may be transferred to meet major, related field, and Core requirements. Credit for C- grades may be awarded on the elective credit category only.
- You must forward an OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT from the visiting accredited institution to the Registrar’s Office after completion of course(s).
Non-Marist Winter Program Providers:
Many organizations offer a variety of study abroad programs for credit. If you are interested in taking winter session courses abroad, the following organizations are a good place to start:
- Academic Programs International (API)
- CEA Study Abroad (CEA)
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE)
- Foundation for International Education (FIE)
- Institute for the International Education of Students (IES)
- Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI)
- Lorenzo de' Medici Institute (LdM)
- SEA Semester
- School for International Training (SIT)