School of Communication and the Arts
About the School of Communication and the Arts
The School of Communication and the Arts prepares students to live and work successfully in the global communication and arts environment, and it embraces Marist College's mission to become one of the top liberal arts colleges in the country.
The School of Communication and the Arts champions the values underpinning the Marist experience: excellence in education, investment in community, and commitment to service.
The School of Communication and the Arts will be a recognized leader in innovative teaching and documented student learning outcomes, leading-edge research and creative activity, and ongoing community engagement.
The School of Communication and the Arts will achieve its vision by pursuing six key strategic goals:
- Student-Centered Learning Experience: Provide an evolving and purposeful learning experience that is student-centered within a culturally aware and collaborative environment.
- Values-Based, Hands-On Curriculum: Provide a values-based curriculum emphasizing hands-on teaching methodology that reflects contemporary educational and professional best practice.
- State-of-the Art Learning Facilities: Enhance existing facilities and provide new learning spaces, including , "smart" classrooms, up-to-date broadcast studios and multimedia labs, creative studio space, designated public exhibition/screening space, dedicated areas for collaborative student work, faculty/student support spaces, and image archives.
- Quality Programs: Expand the quality, size and reach of the undergraduate, graduate and adult programs in a manner that contributes to the overall excellence of Marist College and the School, its faculty, and its students.
- College-Wide Impact: Contribute to all Marist students' classroom and co-curricular experience by establishing high quality disciplinary and multidisciplinary programs and by operating an integrated media services center that supports the institution and provides educational and practical experience for students.
- Top-Tier Faculty: Recruit and support faculty who lead their respective professions through effective teaching, active engagement in scholarship, creative and professional work, and an on-going commitment to the betterment of community.