Fusco Music Scholarships
The Frank A. Fusco and Nelly Goletti Fusco Music Scholarship was established by the Frank A. Fusco and Nelly Goletti Fusco Foundation, Inc. to support incoming freshmen and transfer students who are talented vocalists and instrumentalists committed to participate in Marist's music programs and have demonstrated financial need. This scholarship perpetuates the memory of longtime Dutchess County residents Frank and Nelly Fusco and celebrates their shared love of music. Awards will be made by the Marist Office of Student Financial Services in consultation with the Director of Marist's Music Program. Scholarship awards will be renewable subject to satisfactory performance and ongoing good standing within the music program. An audition is required for consideration.
Beginning with new students enrolling in the Fall 2020 semester, incoming students applying for the Frank A. Fusco and Nelly Goletti Fusco Music Scholarship are eligible to receive a $2,500 award renewable each year. Incoming students may audition for instrumental or vocal scholarships prior to their admission to Marist College. Existing Music Scholars will continue to receive their scholarship at their current award levels. Please note, an offer of this scholarship does not constitute an offer of admission to the college and is only available for incoming freshmen and transfer students.
Auditions for the Frank A. Fusco and Nelly Goletti Fusco Music Scholarship will occur entirely online for incoming students enrolling in Fall 2021.
Students applying for Fall 2021 admission should apply for the Frank A. Fusco and Nelly Goletti Fusco Music Scholarship by January 15, 2021.
Frank A. Fusco and Nelly Goletti Fusco Music Scholarship Conditions
Scholars must meet the following conditions to maintain scholarship renewal eligibility:
- Student must maintain full-time enrollment
- Student must declare music as their minor field of study
- Student must maintain a 2.85 cumulative grade point average
- Student must participate in ensembles prescribed by the Director of the Music Program, Director of Bands or Orchestra Director (Instrumental Scholar) or Director of Choral Activities (Vocal Scholar)
Please have the following materials prepared for your audition:
- One (1) classical-style selection; performed in a foreign language
- One (1) selection of contrasting quality and genre (may be in English)
- Repertoire List
- Letter of Recommendation
- Two (2) Level 4+ solo pieces, no accompaniment necessary (Level 4 based on the NYSSMA Solo Manual, for other state grading systems please consult your private instructor or band/orchestra director)
- Two (2) major scales of your choice
- Letter of Recommendation
For further information, please contact the Marist College Music Program at (845) 575-3242 or MusicDept@marist.edu.