Master of Arts in School Psychology
MA in School Psychology Admission Requirements
You have put a lot of thought into making the decision to apply. Make sure you don’t forget the details!
Preparing to Apply
Before you begin the online application, we highly recommend you have your current resume and personal statement finalized. Both documents will be uploaded to the centralized application.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: May 15 (applications after this date will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis)
You will select the following:
- Term – fall
- Institution – Marist College
- Program – MA in School Psychology
A Complete Application in GradCAS includes the following:
- Unofficial transcript from bachelor’s degree-granting college/university with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or a related field (Human Behavior, Education) with a GPA of 3.0. or higher must be uploaded to the application for an admission decision. Official bachelor’s degree noted transcript will be required upon acceptance in order to matriculate.
- Electronic official transcripts will be accepted through Credentials Solutions, National Clearinghouse, or Parchment. Be sure to enter Marist College as the recipient
- Official transcripts can also be sent via mail to:
Office of Enrollment Services
3399 N. Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Current resume
- Personal statement of at least 500 words that answers the question: What is the biggest challenge school psychologists face today?
- Three letters of recommendation (from your instructors or work supervisors)
- You must supply the names and email addresses for each recommender in GradCAS in order to submit your application
- Interview with the program director
Coursework (with a grade of 3.0 or better preferred) comparable to the following courses:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Research Methods in Psychology/Social Sciences
- Psychological Testing (preferred not required)
Loading contact form...