Master of Science in Information Systems
Business Analytics Concentration
On-Campus / Online MSIS Business Analytics Graduate Degree
Marist's Master of Science in Information Systems Business Analytics (BA) Degree Track is designed to help professionals gain expertise in accessing and manipulating data, as well as applying analytical techniques to extract information from data to predict future trends and behavior patterns. In this sequence, students acquire hands-on experience with cutting-edge analytical methods and software tools, leveraging the use of information technology to help improve decision-making with real-world data. Specific career paths for the graduating BA professional include data analyst/architect, database administrator, business analyst, data science specialist, and business analytics manager. The sequence also provides the foundation for professionals who aspire to become a Chief Data Officer (CDO).
Contact Marist to learn more about earning the MSIS Master’s degree through the Business Analytics concentration. The Information Systems degree is available through our on-campus or online curriculum, allowing students to earn their graduate degree with flexibility.
Master’s of Science in Information Systems Curriculum
Master’s in Information Systems Management students will take six core classes required by all MSIS students. Students will also be immersed in management, policy, analysis and communications classes.
MSIS Graduate Degree Core Required Courses (21 Credits)
- MSIS 527 Systems & Information Concepts in Organizations 3 credits
- MSIS 537 Data Management I 3 credits
- MSIS 567 Data Communications 3 credits
- MSIS 570 Information Analysis & Systems Design 3 credits
- MBA 674 Financial & Managerial Accounting 3 credits
- MSIS 720 Capstone Project 3 credits
- MSIS 730 Information Systems Policy 3 credits
Business Analytics Graduate Degree Track Required Courses (9 credits)
- MSIS 545 Introduction to Data Analysis & Computational Statistics
- MSIS 637 Decision Support Systems
- MSIS 645 Data Mining & Predictive Analytics
Electives (6 credits)
- Courses from Information Systems, Business, Software Development
Information Systems Management Graduate Degree Track Prerequisite:
- MATH 130 Introduction to Statistics
Information Systems Master’s Degree Career Paths:
- Data Analyst/Architect
- Database Administrator
- Business Analyst
- Data Science Specialist
- Business Analytics Manager
At Marist, students have the option to earn your Master’s in Information Systems degree online through our flexible iLearn program. We develop all courses using Sakai, an open-source technology developed by a group of leading international colleges and universities, including Marist. The same faculty that teaches on campus teaches all of our online classes.