Master of Science in Information Systems
MSIS Admission Requirements
You have put a lot of thought into making the decision to apply. Make sure you don’t forget the details!
Preparing to Apply
Before you begin the online application, we highly recommend you have your current resume and personal statement finalized. Both documents will be uploaded to the centralized application.
How to Apply
All applications for admission will be processed through a centralized application service for graduate programs (GradCAS). An undergraduate degree in information systems is not required in order to apply to this program.
You will create an account via the online application portal (preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox). If you encounter any issues, please contact our technical support at 857-304-2086 or via email GradCASinfo@liaisonedu.com
You will select the following:
- Term – summer, fall or spring
- Institution – Marist College
- Program – MS in Information Systems
A Complete Application in GradCAS includes the following:
- Unofficial transcript from bachelor’s degree-granting college/university must be uploaded to the application for an admission decision. Official bachelor’s degree noted transcript will be required upon acceptance in order to matriculate.
- Electronic official transcripts will be accepted through Credentials Solutions, National Clearinghouse, or Parchment. Be sure to enter Marist College as the recipient
- Official transcripts can also be sent via mail to:
Office of Enrollment Services
3399 N. Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Current resume
- Personal statement of about 750 words outlining career objective(s), the reason(s) for selecting Marist’s MSIS program, desired specialization, and your personal and professional expectations from the program
- A prerequisite course in Statistics is required to apply for this program. If you choose the Computer Networks and Security concentration you will also have an Internetworking prerequisite course.
- Nonrefundable $50 application fee
In addition to the above-listed requirements, international applicants must also submit the following:
- Minimum academic overall CGPA of 60% or GPA of 3.0/4.0 or 7/10 or first division graduation with minimal backlogs
- Scans of marksheets, consolidated marksheet, and provisional certificate if available may be uploaded to GradCAS
- Nonrefundable $24 USD application fee
- Proof of English proficiency is required for students who have earned their Bachelor’s degrees outside of the United States, Canada, or the United Kingdom. (Upload scans of scores to GradCAS)
- Students with a 68% or higher CGPA with minimal backlogs meet English requirements if they present scores:
- IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL 70
- PTE 50
- Duolingo 95
- Students who have a CGPA lower than 68% are required to have higher English proficiency scores.
- IELTS 6.5
- TOEFL 79
- PTE 58
- Duolingo 105
- Scanned scores are accepted for an admission decision. Official scores for TOEFL, PTE, or Duolingo are required for an I-20. Report official scores:
- IELTS (Marist will verify scores, no official score reporting is required.)
- TOEFL (Official scores to Marist, report code RA2400)
- PTE (Official scores to Marist, report code 2400)
- Duolingo (Upon receipt of your test scores, log into Duolingo and have them sent to Marist College Undergraduate)
- Accepted students need to provide financial documents for an I-20 to be issued.
- Copy of Declaration of Financial Form/Affidavit of Support signed by each person listed on the bank account or loan documents
- A letter signed by a bank manager stating that a minimum amount is accessible to cover the cost for the academic year: Amounts for the year of application are available at http://www.marist.edu/admission/international/visa_process.html
The GRE is not required for admission to Marist.
- Students are encouraged to take the GRE because some U. S. Consulate agents prefer to see the GRE scores.
- The GradCAS application has a place to upload GRE test scores. You may upload a PDF which states “I choose not to take the GRE” or you may upload scores if they are available.
- If you want to provide official score reporting, use GradCAS for Marist score report code 4115
Loading contact form...