Criminal Justice Club
About Our Organization
The Criminal Justice Club is a perfect way to become well averse in the criminal justice world here at Marist College. With constant meetings, field trips, panels, guest speakers, career and internship fairs, and much more, we provide you with a great opportunity to learn as much about criminal justice as possible during your time here. The CJ club is also a phenomenal way to make connections and network yourself, especially during the CJ career and internship fair as we typically bring in representatives from numerous local, state, and federal agencies. Sign up for our mailing list to keep up to date and receive information on future meetings and events!
Club President: Evan Fernandez
- He/She shall preside at all meetings and will serve as the executive officer of the Criminal Justice Society. Furthermore, the President will serve as the representative of the club at all club President’s meetings
Vice President: Paolina Marano
- This officer shall assist the President in various capacities, taking the place of the president in the event that he/she is unable to fulfill one’s duties. This officer will also have the responsibility for notifying members of the club about meetings and other related events.
Secretary: Cassy Cahill
- The secretary shall be responsible for all correspondence between the organization and any other organization on campus. This officer shall keep all of the files for the club, maintain paperwork necessary for the full operation of the club.
Treasurer: Nick Fedak
- This officer will be in charge of financial records of the club. In addition, they will be assigned to attend to any and all budgetary concerns of the club.
Webmaster: Jacob Brenner
- This officer shall be responsible for creating and maintaining the Criminal Justice Society's website and social media presence
Our meetings this semester will always be on Wednesdays from 9:15 pm – 9:45 pm. The location will be determined for each meeting and sent out via email as well as on our Instagram page at some point before each meeting. During our meetings, you can expect us to discuss and preview upcoming events, host fun activities, and possibly do a couple of rounds of trivia with a prize of CJ Club merchandise. We hope to see you there!
Earn Priority Points through Clubs and Activities
To earn one (1) point: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 50% of club/organization activities.
To earn two (2) points: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 75% of club/organization activities PLUS the community service event.
To earn three (3) points (executive board only): Officers must attend 50% of club meetings for the semester and 100% of club activities including community service. If executive board members do not complete all of the requirements to earn three points, they will be eligible to receive up to two points based on the above criteria.