Kappa Lambda Psi
About Our Organization
Kappa Lambda Psi was the first sorority to be introduced to Marist’s campus in October of 1989. KLP was designed to show the true meaning of sisterhood in the forms of social activities and community service projects for Marist College and the vicinity. The sorority works closely with other Greek organizations and other on-campus organizations in campus and community related functions. KLP's philanthropy is Take Back the Night, which is an organization that supports victims and brings awareness to issues surrounding domestic violence.
President: Paige Graff '24
- Oversees all sorority related events and decisions.
- Leads and officiates formal and informal meetings, prepares meeting agendas, supervises all officers and committees, and holds sisters responsible for their duties pertaining to the sorority and/or positions held.
Vice President: Madison Summit '24
- Assists the President with her duties.
- Preside over meetings and events in the President’s absence.
- In charge of composites and presiding over the sorority’s philanthropy.
Secretary: Abigail Krebs '25
- In charge of taking minutes at every meeting.
- Manage and distribute updated contact information to each member of the sorority.
- Must take attendance at every sorority function.
- Inform any sister(s) if and when they are close to becoming an associate member.
- Absence or tardiness for all events must be reported to her.
- She will be in charge of birthday cards, thank you notes, or any other formal gestures extended in the name of the sorority.
Treasurer: Sofia Rossi '25
- In charge of all monetary transactions (dues, expenditures, etc).
- Give financial reports at each meeting.
- Must attend all financial workshops.
- As determined by the E-Board, has the discretion to eliminate any sister from attending any function if the sister has failed to pay her dues, and not contacted her with a valid reason.
- During meetings, the treasurer will dole out fines and ensure that these fines are paid.
- In charge of order forms, petty cash requests, catering forms, and all other matters regarding finances of the sorority.
Kappa Lambda Psi meets every Monday at 9:30 pm in Donnelly.
Earn Priority Points through Clubs and Activities
To earn one (1) point: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 50% of club/organization activities.
To earn two (2) points: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 75% of club/organization activities PLUS the community service event.
To earn three (3) points (executive board only): Officers must attend 50% of club meetings for the semester and 100% of club activities including community service. If executive board members do not complete all of the requirements to earn three points, they will be eligible to receive up to two points based on the above criteria.