National Society of Black Engineers
Honorary & Professional Organization
About Our Organization
The National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) is a club that promotes professional and personal growth, as well as build an inclusive community for persons of color interested in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). NSBE is open to all regardless of ethnicity, race, or major. Marist prepares students to be global citizens in a diverse world. NSBE supports this mission by facilitating conversations pertaining to diversity in STEM, and creating a supportive culture for all. NSBE will be engaged in many activities including networking events, community service, and career development sessions.
President: Kaylin Moss | Contact Club President
- Provide leadership, coordinate club activities, and preside at meetings.
- Take on additional tasks not covered by other officers.
- Represent NSBE at various Marist and community events.
- Fully understand the club goals, and be able to answer any questions regarding NSBE.
Vice President: Catalina Buitano | Contact Club Vice President
- Assist president with various tasks.
- Take on duties of president in the absence of the president, mentor new officers, and collaborate with other officers.
- Provide help as needed, including finances, communications, and organization.
Secretary: Maddie Atwood | Contact Club Secretary
- Prepare documentation summarizing each general and executive meeting, including attendance, goals, and action items.
- Documentation should be readily accessible, easily presented in an organized manner.
Treasurer: Marima Ceesay | Contact Club Treasurer
- Oversee finances, prepare financial statements for the executive board.
- Track expenditures and incoming money throughout the semester.
- Create budgets for each semester, track budget progress.
Webmaster: Nasra Ngururu | Contact Club Webmaster
- Create, update, and maintain online presence, including websites and social media.
- Respond to any online inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure transfer of all digital credentials to the next executive board.
Communications Chair: Descartes Tuyishime | Contact Club Communications Chair
- Manage the NSBE email account and discord messaging platform, collaborate with the webmaster to send relevant club information to members.
Due to COVID-19, the majority of our meetings take place via zoom. However, we plan to hold in-person meetings in the River Rooms in the Student Center. Meeting times will be during activity hours, Wednesdays 11:00 am - 1:00 pm and/or a chosen weekday at 5:00 pm.
Earn Priority Points through Clubs and Activities
To earn one (1) point: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 50% of club/organization activities.
To earn two (2) points: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 75% of club/organization activities PLUS the community service event.
To earn three (3) points (executive board only): Officers must attend 50% of club meetings for the semester and 100% of club activities including community service. If executive board members do not complete all of the requirements to earn three points, they will be eligible to receive up to two points based on the above criteria.