Honorary & Professional Organization
About Our Organization
Marist Democrats is a student-run political organization on campus that is welcome to all those who identify as being "left-leaning" and aims to get students more involved in politics.
President: Julia Meyer '23
- Head of the Club, leads and plans all meetings, directs board members, handles public relations and outreach.
Vice President: Vanessa Toic '23
- Second in charge, helps guide any board members with their positions, assists with meeting planning and any other executive responsibilities.
Secretary: Valentina Cerda '23
- Helps take attendance for club meetings and putting together email and sign-up lists.
Treasurer: Nick Donahue '23
- Helps organize club finances.
Public Relations Chair: Emily Stellakis '24
- Operates social media, designs social media posts, and assists with public outreach.
Board Member at Large: August Boland '24
- Assists board members with their positions
Our organization meets weekly on Wednesday at 9:15 pm, in Lowell Thomas room 027.
Earn Priority Points through Clubs and Activities
To earn one (1) point: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 50% of club/organization activities.
To earn two (2) points: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 75% of club/organization activities PLUS the community service event.
To earn three (3) points (executive board only): Officers must attend 50% of club meetings for the semester and 100% of club activities including community service. If executive board members do not complete all of the requirements to earn three points, they will be eligible to receive up to two points based on the above criteria.