Honorary & Professional Organization
About Our Organization
The Marist Pre-Law Society strives to foster a community of ambitious individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in the legal field. This society provides you with essential tools, resources, and tips to prepare and plan for law school. It supplies you with valuable information to guide you through all the decisions of your undergraduate, graduate, and even post-graduate years. Most importantly, it helps you understand the legal profession and determine if a career in law is right for you.
President: Riley Batman, '23
- The president’s primary role is to plan, coordinate, and run or oversee meetings and events, which might entail making phone calls, preparing presentations, or arranging guest speakers with the Pre-Law advisor, Annamaria Maciocia.
- The president is also in charge of delegating responsibilities to other board members to increase efficiency and allow for specialization of tasks.
- The president must interact with club members to enrich participation and respond to demands or expectations.
Vice President: Catie Stiffler, '22
- The vice president’s primary role is to support the president in planning, coordinating, and overseeing the meetings and events. This may also include phone calls, assisting in preparing presentations, or arranging guest speakers with the president and the Pre-Law advisor, Annamaria Maciocia.
- The vice president is also in charge of coordinating and planning a community service event for the society.
Secretary: Madeleine Jones, '22
- The Secretary’s primary role is to support the committee in ensuring the success of the society through communication and organization.
- The Secretary is responsible for notifying the members of upcoming events and meetings through email, as well as maintaining effective records of attendance.
- By preparing an agenda for the club, the Secretary can ensure that all members are kept informed and updated on any changes that may occur during the semester.
Treasurer: Mary Ostaszewski, '23
- The treasurer is responsible for the club’s annual budget. This role fills out allocation forms to inform Student Activities of where the funding the Pre-Law receives from the school is going, and requesting money to bring guest speakers and catering events when necessary.
- If the Society decides to put in an apparel order, it is organized by the treasurer.
Social Media Webmaster: Natalie Tidler, '23
- The webmaster's primary role is to keep social media updated. She is responsible for posting on the Instagram page when there is an announcement or upcoming meeting.
- The webmaster is in charge of responding to questions anyone asks through social media.
The Marist Pre-Law Society meets once a month at 9:30 pm. Dates and locations will be provided to membership.
Earn Priority Points through Clubs and Activities
To earn one (1) point: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 50% of club/organization activities.
To earn two (2) points: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 75% of club/organization activities PLUS the community service event.
To earn three (3) points (executive board only): Officers must attend 50% of club meetings for the semester and 100% of club activities including community service. If executive board members do not complete all of the requirements to earn three points, they will be eligible to receive up to two points based on the above criteria.