Social & Service Club
About Our Organization
FEMME stands for Feminist Empowerment Mobilizing and Maintaining Equity. Our mission is to engage with solidarity and intersectional feminism among progressive and substantive movements brought to discussion and action. Our goal is to engage in feminist conversation topics that relate to our campus, our cities, and our world, while also empowering students to act and engage.
Executive Board Positions
President: Evelyn Milburn ‘24
- Oversee all general members’ meetings and plan agendas accordingly
- Oversee all executive board meetings (which will take place bi-weekly or at the President's discretion)
Vice President: Jessica Faber ‘23
- The Vice President will take over whenever the President is not able to fulfill their duties.
- Assist the President when choosing activities and subject matter for the club, this includes coordinating specific community service projects and events.
Secretary: Vanshika Bagaria ‘22
- Be in charge of attendance at all general members’ meetings and events (and be in charge of tracking attendance via ClubDash on the SGA website)
- Must keep track of all existing members as well as inform new members.
PR Secretary: Mary Gackowski ‘24
- Responsible for all direct communication with club members
- Communicate all upcoming meetings, volunteer opportunities, and relevant on-campus events to members via email.
Treasurer: Cece Hinds ‘23
- Oversee the creation of the budget for meetings and events for the semester
- Oversee the allocation funds for the semester
Webmaster: Mackenzie Curtis ‘23
- Oversee the publicizing of all general members meetings and events
- Create posts to publicize meetings and events on the FEMME Instagram
While our club meetings fluctuate, we usually meet at 9:30 PM in the Student Center. Most meetings are discussion and/or activity-based where students are free to share their opinions, learn diverse perspectives, and step into other students’ shoes to empathize with different experiences.
Earn Priority Points through Clubs and Activities
To earn one (1) point: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 50% of club/organization activities.
To earn two (2) points: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 75% of club/organization activities PLUS the community service event.
To earn three (3) points (executive board only): Officers must attend 50% of club meetings for the semester and 100% of club activities including community service. If executive board members do not complete all of the requirements to earn three points, they will be eligible to receive up to two points based on the above criteria.