Production & Performance
About Our Organization
The Marist College Band is Marist's wind instrument performance group. It is a 3-in-1 band in the sense that every member is a part of the marching band, concert band, and pep band. The Band consists of around 80 members from various musical backgrounds. Anyone is welcome to join at any skill level whether you have been playing your whole life or want to learn an instrument for the first time!
There are smaller ensembles within the Music Department that one can participate in if you are a part of the Marist Band. These include the Brass Ensemble, Flute Choir, Woodwind Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble, Drumline, West African Drumming, and Handbell Choir, all of which can be taken for credit, however many students put together their own smaller groups to create different styles of music.
President: Brennan Duarte
A senior from Maywood, New Jersey, Brennan plays the tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, trombone, guitar, and is a member of the Band’s Drumline. The President of the Marist Band is responsible for:
- Calling and arranging all meetings of the Marist College Band and its student executive board.
- Delegating and disseminating tasks, schedules, work, and information to E-Board members from Marist Music Faculty and Staff.
- Aiding the Director of Bands and Administrative Advisor in overseeing the direction and structure of meetings for the Marist Band.
Vice President of Concert Band: Aeka Lauderdale
A junior from Kapolei, Hawaii, Aeka plays the flute and piccolo. The Vice President of Concert Band is responsible for:
- Planning and operation of crews for professional performance events.
- Creating seating charts for rehearsals and concert performances, appointing “Small Ensemble Representatives” for all our Small Ensembles.
- Assists in the selection of concert band repertoire.
Vice President of Athletic Band: J.R. Aldarelli
A junior from Jackson, New Jersey, J.R. plays the tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, and sousaphone. The Vice President of Athletic Band is responsible for:
- Assisting in the operations of all athletic events attended by the Marist Athletic Band, which includes conducting, organizing the bands, and making drill assignments.
- Conducting warm-ups for the band, assists in the selection of Athletic Band repertoire,
- Facilitating communication between the Director of Bands and the Marching Staff and Drill Assistants.
Secretary: Matthew Badia
A senior from Pawling, New York, Matthew plays the alto saxophone, baritone saxophone, and alto clarinet. The Secretary of the Marist Band is responsible for:
- Recording the attendance of the band for all activities, including performances, rehearsals, athletic games, and any travel events.
- Completing attendance reports for priority point distribution.
- Maintaining information on members through the Music Department, recording minutes of E-Board meetings, and managing the Marist Band email account.
Treasurer: Danielle Dreyer
A junior from West Milford, New Jersey, Danielle plays the clarinet and baritone saxophone. The Treasurer of the Marist Band is responsible for:
- Disbursing funds between the various organizations of the Marist College Band.
- Planning and operating all fundraising activities set up by the band.
- Creating crews to retrieve and distribute food to members of the Marist Band at events.
- Reporting all funds raised to Department Administration.
Librarian: Alex Cottrell
A junior from Homer, New York. Alex plays both the flute and piccolo. The Librarian of the Marist Band is an appointed position on the Executive Board for the Marist Band, and is responsible for:
- Distribution and maintenance of all music to members of the Band.
- Appointing a committee to assist in the distribution of music, if need be.
Public Relations Chair: Joseph D’Annibale
A senior from Hopewell Junction, New York, Joseph is a member of the Band’s Drumline. The Public Relations Chair of the Marist Band is an appointed position on the Executive Board for the Marist Band, and is responsible for:
- Regular maintenance of the Club Website.
- Documenting all Marist Band events,
- Maintaining the Marist Band social media accounts.
The Band meets Monday and Thursday nights from 8:00-9:15 pm OR Tuesday and Friday afternoons between 12:30-1:45 pm. We have two separate meeting days and times to adhere to capacity requirements and social distancing guidelines. For both sections, the Marist Band meets at Tenney Stadium, but if there is inclement weather, we meet in Symphonic Hall (MU4001).
Earn Priority Points through Clubs and Activities
To earn one (1) point: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 50% of club/organization activities.
To earn two (2) points: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 75% of club/organization activities PLUS the community service event.
To earn three (3) points (executive board only): Officers must attend 50% of club meetings for the semester and 100% of club activities including community service. If executive board members do not complete all of the requirements to earn three points, they will be eligible to receive up to two points based on the above criteria.
Additional Priority Point Criteria, specific to the Marist Band:
Full priority points are given if members attend at least 80% of rehearsals and pep performances, as well as the end-of-semester concert. Members will receive one priority point if attending at least 75% of rehearsals and pep performances, as well as the end of semester rehearsal.