Social Work Association
Social & Service Club
About Our Organization
Social Work Association is committed to providing meetings and events focused on community involvement, social justice, career exploration, and self-care. We are open to students of all majors, as we find that the social justice component of social work is something that students of all disciplines seek.
President: Jessica Polito '23
- Develop new meeting and event ideas, develop plans, and schedule meetings. They work very closely with our faculty advisors.
Vice President: Kelly Unanue '24
- Assists the president in all of their tasks such as emailing, event planning, and anything else needed.
Secretary: Jania Witherspoon '24
- Updates club members via email about schedule of events, as well as organizing attendance and priority point information.
Treasurer: Alyssa Webster '24
- Manages all financial transactions for the club. They work with Student Activities to use our funds for any event and meeting needs.
Webmaster: Carley Van Buiten '23
- Posts content about activities and upcoming events to social media page.
We typically meet on weeknights after night class so that all students have the opportunity to attend. Our meetings are monthly at 9:15 p.m. in the Student Center. During these meetings, we tend to have a social justice topic, or theme such as October when we honor National Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
Earn Priority Points through Clubs and Activities
To earn one (1) point: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 50% of club/organization activities.
To earn two (2) points: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 75% of club/organization activities PLUS the community service event.
To earn three (3) points (executive board only): Officers must attend 50% of club meetings for the semester and 100% of club activities including community service. If executive board members do not complete all of the requirements to earn three points, they will be eligible to receive up to two points based on the above criteria.