Public Relations Student Society of America
Honorary & Professional Organization
About Our Organization
We are Marist's chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA). Our job is to help members enhance their education, broaden their professional networks, and launch their careers. Here at Marist, we bring in speakers with unique perspectives into the PR industry, attend agency tours in New York City, and host networking events. Our 90 member club meets roughly two times a month for events and meetings. If you are a communication major concentrating in public relations or advertising, or a business/marketing major, this is the club for you!
President: Jenny Bradford | Contact Club President
- Coordinate all club events, communication, and membership information.
- Ensure that we are on track to provide an educational, fun and overall worthwhile experience for all our members.
- Serve as the liaison between Marist PRSSA chapter, our sponsor PRSSA chapter, and the National PRSSA organization.
Vice President: Allie Foley
- Assist the president with any tasks related to running the club.
- Assist with coordinating all executive board meetings and make sure everyone is succeeding in their role to the best of their ability.
Directors of Chapter Programming: Joey Varamo and Kyle Flannery
- Coordinate events such as guest speakers, agency tours, and networking events.
- This position requires professionalism as it involves reaching out to alumni, PR practitioners, and members of the PRSSA community.
Director of Chapter Advancement: Rachel Hennessey
- Manage the connection between Marist’s PRSSA chapter, the local community and PRSSA National by planning and promoting community service events, applying for national and campus awards and building relationships with other PRSSA and PRSA chapters.
Director of Public Relations: Lauren Melagrano
- Responsible for social media accounts and assist with fostering an engaging club community. Our most utilized platform is Instagram (@maristprssa) where we post club announcement, e-board and member spotlights, PR tips, and more.
Director of Member Services: Rob Fallen
- Liaison between the executive board and the rest of the membership.
- Ensure the members are kept up-to-date via our weekly emails.
- Coordinate priority points and make sure any member feedback is brought to the board and addressed appropriately.
- Host professional development activities at our monthly meetings.
Director of Finance: Piper Bailey
- Work directly with Student Activities and the Student Government Association Financial Board to make sure we have the funds to host our events.
- Hold fundraisers for the club and assist members in the dues paying process.
Club Advisior: Amanda Damiano | Contact Club Advisor
PRSSA meets once a month for informational meetings and club updates, and have 1-2 events per month that range from professional guest speaker events to networking events and panels. Right now we are meeting on Zoom, but in a typical semester we meet in Lowell Thomas.
Earn Priority Points through Clubs and Activities
To earn one (1) point: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 50% of club/organization activities.
To earn two (2) points: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 75% of club/organization activities PLUS the community service event.
To earn three (3) points (executive board only): Officers must attend 50% of club meetings for the semester and 100% of club activities including community service. If executive board members do not complete all of the requirements to earn three points, they will be eligible to receive up to two points based on the above criteria.