About Our Organization
Students join Fox Photography to share and discuss their photos with those interested in photography as a hobby or as a career. We are a photography club at that encourages members of all skill levels to share their talent and learn from others in the club. Members can be encouraged to take photos through club meetings, off-campus field trips, or even club-run galleries. At the end of each meeting the club decides on the next theme or subject matter. Classes are also taught on how to operate a DSLR camera, smartphone camera, film, and how to edit images using Adobe Photoshop. Each semester the club takes trips to the Vanderbilt Mansion, Walkway Over the Hudson, and many other popular attractions including New York City when possible. Fox Photography is open to all majors, minors, and skill levels.
The executive board positions within Fox Photography include President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Event Coordinator, Membership Chair, Web Master/Social Media Captain.
President: Hunter Guinn ’22
- Responsible for scheduling meetings, leading the board, organizing plans, leading large events, and ensuring the club runs smoothly and productively.
Vice President: Nick Fedak ’22
- Assists in running large events, creates presentations for meetings, and acting as president if they are not available.
Secretary: Sabrina Aravena ’23
- Disseminates meeting emails, collects photo submissions from students, manages the club email, collects student CWIDs, and completes the review section on club dash for each meeting.
Treasurer: Geno Coppola ’22
- Completes club allocations form each semester.
Event Coordinator: Brooke Shamon ’23
- Schedules and reserves rooms for meetings and special events and collaborates with on- and off-campus organizations.
Membership Chair: Isabella Nuzzo ‘23
- Liaison between executive board and the club members.
- Creates promotional posts for social media, and responds to member inquiry emails.
Webmaster/Social Media Captain: Danielle Scalera ‘23
- Runs the social media account, keeps the website up to date, and shares member photo submissions.
Fox Photography meets in person bi-week in the Student Center on Mondays at 9:15 pm (days and times may vary each semester). Our meetings are usually 15 to 30 minutes long and may include one of the classes mentioned above. Following the class, the photo submissions for the prior week’s theme are presented. Students will discuss which camera they used, the location where the photo was taken, and why. Group discussion and thoughts are encouraged for each submission. A new theme is
announced at the end of each meeting.
Earn Priority Points through Clubs and Activities
To earn one (1) point: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 50% of club/organization activities.
To earn two (2) points: Members must attend a minimum of 50% of club/organization meetings for the semester and 75% of club/organization activities PLUS the community service event.
To earn three (3) points (executive board only): Officers must attend 50% of club meetings for the semester and 100% of club activities including community service. If executive board members do not complete all of the requirements to earn three points, they will be eligible to receive up to two points based on the above criteria.